- Post by:- Gurgaon Multispeciality Clinic
- 17 July, 2020
What is Major Depressive Disorder and what are its Symptoms?
Major depressive disorder, commonly known as depression is a type of mental illness or disease that leads to continuous and long time sadness and loss of interest from normal and enjoyable things. It is also known as clinical disorder. It also includes problems like low self-esteem, low energy, and pain without having a clear or accurate cause. People suffering from these disease may also experience the problems of hallucinations i.e. having a false belief or claim to hear or see things that others don't.
Best Psychiatrist in Gurgaon excels in treating people suffering from depression or hyper tension. Major depressive disorder also effects the way how a person feel, behave or think and may lead to a numerous other emotional and physical problems. People suffering from this, may also face problem dealing with day to day activities. They also have feelings that their life is not worth living. Psychiatrist in Gurgaon has a team of best psychiatrist.
Elaboration of Major or Clinical Depression.
A sign to recognize whether you are having major depression is constant sense of despair and hopelessness. At some point of life everyone feels sad, low or depressed. But clinical depression is characterized by a depressed mood throughout a day and loss of interest from normal activities. Symptoms of these disease may last for a maximum of 2 weeks.
Symptoms of Clinical Depression
Symptoms that are mostly found in a person suffering from Major Depressive Disorder are as follows-
- Loss of energy all day and feeling fatigue.
- Always have feelings of sadness, emptiness, guilty or worthlessness.
- Unnecessary irritation or extreme anger even on small matters.
- Impaired concentration and indecisiveness.
- Sleeping problems like either problem in sleeping or insomnia, or hypersomnia i.e excessive sleeping.
- Feeling of tiredness or restlessness all day long.
- Change in appetite that leads to weight loss or increased cravings for food or weight gain.
- Recurring thoughts of death or suicide.
- Anxiety, slowed body movements, thinking or speaking.
- Physical problems that are unexplained like back pain or headaches.
The treatment that is given to a person suffering from depression may be of long term. Together with Medication and psychotherapy are also given and most of the people feel better from this. Psychiatrists in Gurgaon gives both the treatments like medication and psychotherapy.
Gurgaon MultiSpecialty Clinic has come up with the facility of Online Video Consultation. For those people who are eager to see the doctor but not keen on visiting the clinic due to outbreak of Coronavirus or Covid- 19. They can now have online appointment and talk with their doctors through video chat.
Feeling of sadness or low can be normal but when it starts to occur frequently and last for a long time it is always advisable to seek Best Psychiatrist in Gurgaon for better and early recovery from treatment.
A sign to recognize whether you are having major depression is constant sense of despair and hopelessness. At some point of life everyone feels sad, low or depressed.