- Post by:- Gurgaon Multispeciality Clinic
- 20 Jan, 2021
Why does a mental illness occurs ?
Today we are going to know about the emergence of mental problems. But before that we must understand what mental illness actually is. Mental illness which is also known as mental disorders, are a wide range of mental problems that severely affects your thinking ability, your moods, feelings, mind, emotions, etc. Mental disorders may last for a short or long period of time, depending upon the type of mental disease one is suffering from.
Few types of mental illness are depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, addiction, eating and sleeping disorders. Mental illness can occur to any age group persons. Generally people who are working they may have depression or stress due to their work, but sometime these problems lasts for long and become adverse. You can see children below 5 years of age are also suffering from some kind of mental illness. Best Psychiatrist in Gurgaon works hard to eradicate all mental problems.
Causes of mental illness
Exact cause of mental illness are not known yet. There are number of factors that contribute to the occurrence of mental problems. Most common causes are as follows-
1) Inherited traits, like If any of the member of the family has suffered from mental disease it is believed that it gets transferred through genes to other members. But it is not necessary that everybody in the family experience it.
2) Physical or mental abuse in the childhood or in past can have the drastic affects in a persons life due to which one can suffer mental problems like trauma throughout their life.
3) Chemical imbalances are one of the causes that leads to mental problems.
4) Brain injury can also trigger various other mental problems.
5) Excessive use of alcohols or drugs may leads to severe mental illness.
6) Exposure to environment before birth, is also a cause of mental disorders. For example before child's birth if mothers drinks alcohol, or take unhealthy foods, or going through mental pressure, or getting physically or mentally abused by someone, this could have the very bad affect on the child and it may leads to mental illness for a child.
7) Premature birth, like in most of the cases when a child is born before the 9 months process of pregnancy period, there are chances that childs brain may not be developed properly which will lead to mental or physical health problems.
With proper care and treatment one can overcome the problem of mental illness. Under the guidance of Best Psychiatrist in Gurgaon you can overcome with the problem of mental illness and after taking precautions one live a healthy life.
Mental illness can occur to any age group persons. Generally people who are working they may have depression or stress due to their work, but sometime these problems lasts for long and become adverse.